Monday, December 05, 2005

"And it always seems we're runnin' out of time..."


Title from the Chemical Brothers song, "Out of Control" from their Surrender Album.

So, what news?? The past four weeks were exhaustive for me (like that's new...). I ran a selection process for my company. So, that includes interviewing, group dynamics activity and the longest, training... The training started off with 6 people, after 5 days I dismissed one and on the sixth day I dismissed another candidate. It sucks being a recruiter and selecting those that do end up with a job or not, specially in a country that the unemployment rate is soooo high. But, like someone told me... Its business decision-making. Four passed the training, the two I dismissed weren't bad, just weren't as good as the others... I felt really bad on a dismissal, but someone had to do it. By the way, another training will start this week, but it'll be shorter, much shorter.

My social life is still the same, going out here and there, these past days I haven't seen my girlfriend much because she's having tests at her university so she is becoming a book worm (at least for a few days). I just went to my favorite bar a couple of times, once I was going to go out but I had a small fight with my girlfriend (everything is ah-okay now).

Looking through my emails recently I read a pretty interesting article. After watching Hotel Rwanda and The Constant Gardener, one thinks about how much the media rules what is important and what's not important for us. That is why I don't watch TV news anymore, I prefer to browse through many newspapers to see what's going on. There's so much going on out there, so much going on in our lives, help others, help who, care for what first??? Just one of those moments of reflection.

And the year is almost over, I am traveling next week, my birthday is coming up... What's going to happen next year??? This year was full of surprises, but so far better surprises then last year, last year was a pretty heavy one.

Im heading out now, gotta go to work. Last days before my month long vacation!!
peace & be happy!!

artwork: Joie de Vivre - Pablo Picasso

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I'll work for you! Just update my passport and let me get my vaccinations... and hello Brasil and Monkeys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home