Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Training - almost done!

Ok... so we are almost finished. From our records, we started out with 7 people, on thursday night we had 5 right?!

On thursday I had given them my cell phone number so they could call me to ask any questions. The aussie (trainee #6) called me 1 hour after the training to say he was quitting. On friday morning, 8am another trainee, the techno addict (trainee #3) calls me on my cell phone to say she is sick and has to go through several doctor's visits and will have to miss friday, possibly somedays the following week too. Cutting the story short, the called me later on friday to say she was going to miss those days, so.. shes out.

Friday morning, training starts at 9am. All 4 left had brought in their homework that I had assigned the previous day. I ask how everyone is doing, kinda break the ice a little. One of the trainees says he had spent the night at the hospital with his mother-in-law, she suffered a stroke, so he is pretty tired.

They start presenting their homework assignments for us. About 1 hour into presentations, "the sailor" (trainee #7) received a phone call, his mother-in-law is ill again and needs to be taken to the hospital again. He was pretty weak with the method and procedures... missing one full day... Hes out. Not to be cold, but someone going through a family illness will have a terrible time at work, will have to be somewhere where he cant... We will try him next time.

So.. 3 left, the ex-actress, the UMSL alumni, and the ex-punk rock band member (trainees #2,4,5). As an end result, this week would have had a tendency to fly by really fast, but... another surprise... I start noticing that a trainee, the ex-actress is having a lot of difficulties, so... its not going as fast as I'd like, but now shes getting everything well.

So... this friday it ends and my extremely hectic scheduling goes back to just being hectic. Im looking forward to those days, but it wont be THAT easy 'cause training took sometime out of other tasks I had to do, so next week its catch-up time... Im tired, I need sleep.

As a side note... the ex-fling-friend-whatever is still the same. Shes traveling tomorrow for over 10 days and I did make an effort to see her. But it didnt work out, my schedule and her laziness to wake up before lunch time made any attempt impossible.

I shall try to rest some now... tomorrow, 7am gotta be @ work. Hurray!!
peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home