Monday, July 04, 2005

Not the most pleasant weekend, but its over


Bumba Meu Boi - Portinari
Originally uploaded by madeinbrazil.
Ok... so... this weekend, lets go for it.

Friday my cousin's grandmother passed away. Honestly, I dont know if I met her, but she knew me, we had spoken on the phone last week, she remembered a few things about my past. Sounded like a very nice person, which she was. My condolences stretch out to my cousin's family, we spoke a bit to each other on friday, both of my cousins.

On Saturday, they didnt want to stay at home. Wanted to get a bit away from the vibe. Completly undestandable.

We go out to a typical brazilian party that happens in june. I had organized with a friend to meet her there, I didnt know if I was really going, but I had at least planned to meet her... She waited for me, we got there too late, 1am, she had already gone to bed. We go to a bar, we talk, drink, chat, I was tired.

Sunday was a day of rest, at home, McDonalds dinner (yes, we have McDonalds, who doesnt?!).

This week and next week I will be training future instructors. I called in 9 people, 7 showed up (better then last training).

We have 7, one former US University Professor, one ex-actress, one techno addict (yey for techno!!), one ex-punk rock band member, one person from UMSL, one Aussie, and one sailor. Ok, not-so-good-way to describe.. but... Let's see how it goes, so I have my guesses on who will be very good and who will have difficulties. I hope everyone does well.

It will be interesting to see who will eventually be made english instructors and work at the best, biggest language learning company in da world!!

peace to all!

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Whose the person from University-Missouri St. Louis?

Small world, I may know 'em.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I just need to go ahead and bite the bullet and send you a card.

Email your addy again would ya. Lord knows that I would get the spelling wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home