Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hurray!!!!!!


Dove of Peace - Pablo Picasso
Originally uploaded by madeinbrazil.

You know what, I am INCREDIBLY happy right now. I get home, have dinner then come here to check my emails and world events, and then the excelent news arrived to me.

Today, the historical day of March 1st, 2005 the US Supreme Court outlawed the use of the death penalty for those unde the age of 18. Yey!! My undergraduate project was about this topic; thus my emotions linked with it is strong. I have followed closely a few cases, even extremely close when I worked with the Public Defender's Office.

For those of you who want to read the Supreme Court's Opinio, it is here:
http://wid.ap.org/documents/scotus/050301roper.pdf

Finally!! Excelent news!! The world has just gotten a little bit more sane, a little less brutal, a little more concerned, a little more rational.

I AM HAPPY! peace to you!! Live life, cherish it, yours and everyone elses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home