Thursday, September 28, 2006

You are not hired!


Ok, remember once upon a time I had applied for a job in Shanghai. This opening is for the same job position that I have now, same company, just in Shanghai.

The first time I applied the recruiter accepted very well my application and we exchanged ideas for quite sometime. She even mentioned I was the best candidate. However, the final decision of the job placement had to be done by her superior. The Director said no and mentioned a problem I would face in the new job, the recruiter told me, I found a solution for that problem. The director then mentioned another problem that might occur, I found yet another solution! My ideas were indeed taken for the benefit of the company, they adopted quite fast at least one of the solutions I mentioned. So, eventually the recruiter told me the Director had just said no (no more problems this time, maybe I could solve them all and make her look stupid??).


Recently the recruiter left her position on kind of a maternity leave. She told me informally that another person now has the selection process, in Japan. Maybe I should try to apply again, after all, I was their best candidate! Maybe if some one else looked at my history, CV and experience, I could have a better chance. But she warned me to be careful about the director.

A couple of days ago I got my CV, made sure it was the best CV I could write. I got examples of cover letters and wrote a pretty good one, took a lot of time also in formatting it. Got another sheet of paper to write a memorandum about my previous attempt and why I am trying again...

Just got the news today. The Director had just said no.

Its sad, just for you to hear that you are the best, but you are not hired. Ask for reasons (just so I could improve something for next time) and no reasons were given. But, now maybe a door will open in Japan. Japan... wow... I'll have to think about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home