Sunday, September 24, 2006

Organizing...


This week has been pretty full. Waking up at 6am, 7am everyday and going to bed past 1am... Things at work are picking up quite well. The reason for this is that I am trying to catch up on some of the tasks that have been a bit behind schedule . Besides that, solving general problems that really only I can solve because no one else has their head on their shoulders to think straight. This week I was even called in the bosses' office to have a talk, it was a pretty stressful, pathetic talk. Imagine a person that has no sense of what is going on, no sense of business structure, process, quality control, management or customer relationship knowledge... Add on to that the inability to hold a conversation because all this person wants to do is yell. Wow... Pretty sad ain't it? It wasn't that stressful as it should've been just because it was pathetic.

Ranting boss: "Danilo, I am here to talk about your approach to customer's complaints. You are stalling too much and causing a great danger."
Me: "Ok, I am not stalling, I am being careful to really get to know the source of the problem before I call any employee's attention. In the meantime, observe closely the employee."
Ranting boss (at this point with face all red in anger): "But that is wrong! You should talk to the employee regardless on whether you know what is the problem."
Me (calm and amazed at what is spoken): "Ok, I don't do that because there is no use talking to anyone if I don't really know what the real problem is. I have been doing this for the past 20 months and we have been having the highest customer retention percentage in our history."
Ranting boss: "I am not talking about customer retention, that is totally out of the conversation, both have nothing to do with each other."
More sane boss to ranting boss: "All of this is related to customer retention, if Danilo does a bad job, customers will leave. Thus he is doing a very good job."
Ranting boss to more sane boss: "Are you calling me crazy then??!"
Me: completely perplexed at the conversation, just start to stare and nod from time to time.

Its a mad world we live in... We see a bit of everything in our lifetime.

Recently in my attempts to be a bit more organized, and better at everything got the book Blink which has had good reviews. But unfortunately time hasn't let me touch on it. This week though I have read a bit more of Allen's GTD. Actually, I have started to apply some of his ideas also found in a website to get my email inbox organized, my tasks more in order. So far, so good.

In other news... dating is going ok. Some bumps occurred this week, but nothing serious. My cousin 2 years younger then me is getting married next Saturday so everyone that sees me and my girlfriend is telling us to get married too. Not going to happen for quite sometime though, I am just way too young... Today I went to see The Lake House. Do yourself a favor, don't go watch it. Too predictable, way too corny to be good and I am not saying this because I am a guy, many of my friends agree and my girlfriend said the same.

So, now that was the week's news. Its almost 2am now and I have to sleep. Have fun, love & be safe!!

artwork: Organized Confusion - Ruth Palmer 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home